1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

New Profile Posts

1. kristian stoutt
    kristian stoutt Murray
    Hey Murray
    i am a student on the aquaponics design course. please could you upgrade me to the premium status.
    my email address is :
    [email protected]

many thanks
  2. Oana
    Oana
    Hi Murray, I'm a student & I listen to w1 audio & I understand that will get upgraded. Thank you [email protected]
  3. ayadayolnaturefarms
    ayadayolnaturefarms Murray
    Hello Murray , I am currently enrolled in the Aquaponics design course and will appreciate upgrade to the premium status.My email address is : [email protected]
  4. Andrew Houkamau
    Andrew Houkamau Murray
    Hi Murray! I am a student recently enrolled in the current online Aquaponics design course . As per instructions given in webinar - signed up on this forum and now am sending you my email address. [email protected]
    Great Course,
    Thank you so much!
  5. Cheryl78605
    Cheryl78605
    Hi Murray, I am in your current online Aquaponics design course and would like to upgrade my membership. My email is: [email protected]
  6. Melissa Voss
    Melissa Voss Murray
    Hi Murray! I am a student (the one from MN ;) ) in your current online Aquaponics design course . Following instructions given in class - signed up on this forum and now am sending you my email address. [email protected] --- Enjoying it all so far. Thank you so much!
  7. Ben Smith
    Ben Smith
    Member of the current 2017 online course
  8. Prakash Arigela
    Prakash Arigela
    Designing my aquaponic farm
  9. matweb
    matweb
    Can wait to turn on our first Indy 23 at the end of week!
  10. matweb
    matweb
    Can wait to turn on Indy 23 at the end of the week
  11. Gregory D'wayne Edwards
    Gregory D'wayne Edwards
    I've often heard the chant "Let's change the world." Now that I've found aquaponics, I really believe I can do just that!
  12. Holly Bartlett
    Holly Bartlett
    Looking for Decking in Gold Coast
  13. Daniel Radlingmayr
    Daniel Radlingmayr Yabbies4me
    Hi Yabbies, I have done my calculations for aeration into fish tanks and dwc as per the formulas in the design course. There is a 40 l/min pump listed in the Indy 11.5 plan set. My figures are 75 l/min for a 1000 l fish tank and 28 l/ min for the dwc Is this because the water flow is providing aeration. I am curious to know , if I can go down from 120 l/min to 80l/min,it draws only half the power.
    Cheers mate
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Yabbies4me
      Yabbies4me
      Sorry Daniel, been flat-out. Water in the DWC can operate with less DO than in the FT, maybe that's why. From memory 75L/min is correct for 1000L (15L air/200L water). For DWC I think the rate was 10L/min per 1sqm of DWC GB. They are 1.2m wide in the Indy, so that would be 12L/min per metre length of GB, or 60L/min for a 4.8m long Indy GB. That is from memory, don't quote me. If in doubt I would PM Murray. Cheers!
      Jun 29, 2017
      Daniel Radlingmayr likes this.
    3. Yabbies4me
      Yabbies4me
      It's hard giving a decent reply using this message platform, it limits replies to 420 characters.
      Jun 29, 2017
      Daniel Radlingmayr likes this.
    4. Daniel Radlingmayr
      Daniel Radlingmayr
      Thanks mate, that's what my calc's come to so I'll roll with that, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going over the top for no reason
      Jun 30, 2017
      Yabbies4me likes this.
  14. Daniel Radlingmayr
    Daniel Radlingmayr Murray
    Hi Murray, I have done my calculations for aeration into fish tanks and dwc as per the formulas in the design course. There is a 40 l/min pump listed in the Indy 11.5 plan set. My figures are 75 l/min for a 1000 l fish tank and 28 l/ min for the dwc Is this because the water flow is providing aeration. I am curious to know , if I can go down from 120 l/min to 80l/min,it draws only half the power.
    Cheers mate
  15. jayatma
    jayatma
    Always learning
  16. Asad Al-Naqeeb
  17. Raymond A Guerrero
    Raymond A Guerrero
    There thunder storm always in the mind its what come out in ideas that change everything.
  18. Bala Bhaskar Kothagundu
  19. theprk
    theprk Yabbies4me
    Yabbies, I'm hoping you can help me post. I keep getting the following message: "You are behind private proxy, and we do not allow private proxy. If you believe this is an error, please send e-mail to us." I am not behind a private proxy (that I know of.) Can you please help? Thanks.
    1. Yabbies4me
      Yabbies4me
      I'm not sure what the issue is there, I have nothing to do with the technical side of things, I'll pass this on to Murray. Cheers!
      Jun 9, 2017
  20. Tim Ryder
    Tim Ryder
    Planning an AP Farm