okay, this is my second post today, because it appears I must be doing something wrong. I have lost 3 fish in the past 3 days, 2 today.
I have a 200 L fish tank and 100 L grow beds. (no plants yet, I am not circulating the water yet)
It appears Ammonia has suddenly spiked, is this the likely cause?
I have been "over feeding" the fish on purpose as per advice I got from a lady at the pet store, to raise nitrates... perhaps a bad idea and cause of the Ammonia spike?
This is a test from just 10 min ago
Ammonia 1.5 ppm (yikes? is this toxic for gold fish)
Nitrities 0.3 - 0.5 ppm
Nitrates 10 ppm
there are 14 fish in the tank, 4 of which are about 2 inches long, the other ones are baby (1 inch or less in length)
Please let me know what you think. Since I started I have lost 6 fish out of 20 now.
Do I have too many fish in the tank? How big do goldfish get?(weight etc) what's a toxic ammonia level for gold-fish? These are all questions on my mind... any help is appreciated.