2mm and 6mm fish food are now in stock as at 1 Jan 2023 December View Fish Food

Learn About Aquaponics

Browse our blog posts to learn about the basics of Aquaponics and how to get started in Aquaponics.

Nutrient Deficiency in Aquaponics Systems

Tomatoes are such a wonderful indicator as to what nutrient may be missing in your Aquaponics system.Now, here is an interesting one to look at. Blossom End Rot, a classic deficiency of calcium. Take a close look at the tomatoes in the photo. You will see that the ends of the ...

Posted By Practical Aquaponics on 24th February 2020

Views : 63671

Plants With Wet Feet

An Aquaponics Papaya or Pawpaw tree heavily laden with fruit. I want to be able to grow fruit trees as well vegetables. As you can see, I am having wonderful success with the Paw Paw (papaya) trees. I’ve got a good friend who is a retired Paw Paw (papaya) grower from ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 11th August 2014

Views : 4441

Aquaponic Tomatoes, Lettuce and EC

A run through our greenhouse where we are in the process of building out a new section .  The growth of the tomatoes and lettuce is remarkable.   This was filmed early April 2012. Feel free to share on your Facebook page.

Posted By Murray Hallam on 27th April 2012

Views : 3583 | Comments : 2

Video Clips....Various

Interview at Orlando just after the Aquaponics Association conference. In this segment Murray discusses the fish and plants in his Aquaponics system. In this clip Murry tells how the first DVD was made and what kind of information is available in the DVD's. Murray on the ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 2nd January 2012

Views : 3241 | Comments : 8

Aquaponics CHOP Mark 2 Operating System

CHOP or Constant Height One Pump has been adapted by Aquaponics enthusiasts around the world now for the last few years since we coined the term. The other variant Chift Pist runs in a similar way. I noticed a problem with water levels whilst working on a small commercial CHOP ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 18th December 2011

Views : 7741 | Comments : 29

What Do I Need To Get Started in Aquaponics?

It is a bit difficult to know where to start when tackling your first Aquaponics project, but here is a list that might give you a few ideas. 1. Find out all you can about Aquaponics. There is lots information on the web. Conduct a search on Google for “Aquaponics”, and ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 13th December 2011

Views : 3403 | Comments : 2

Does Aquaponics offer all the Nutrients that plants need?

Q & A format. An edited extract from my Aquaponics Discussion Forum where very experienced Aquaponics and regular gardening practitioners contribute. Frank. Here's a question that gets asked of me privately by a lot of Permaculture people of Aquaponics. "Are all the nutrients ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 11th December 2011

Views : 5099 | Comments : 15

What is Aquaponics?

Broccoli growing in an Aquaponics System.

Practical Aquaponics Aquaponics is the creation of a complete cycle of symbiotic relationships where the fish help plants and the plants help fish. It uses no chemicals, requires one tenth of the water needed for field plant production and only a fraction of the water that is ...

Posted By Murray Hallam on 8th December 2011

Views : 5351 | Comments : 8

RSS Twitter Facebook

Nutrient Deficiency in Aquaponics Systems

Tomatoes are such a wonderful indicator as to what nutrient may be missing in your Aquaponics system . . .

Posted By Practical Aquaponics on 24th February 2020

Views : 63671 | Comments : 0

Plants With Wet Feet

An Aquaponics Papaya or Pawpaw tree heavily laden with fruit. I want to be able to grow fruit trees . . .

Posted By Murray Hallam on 11th August 2014

Views : 4441 | Comments : 0

Aquaponic Tomatoes, Lettuce and EC

A run through our greenhouse where we are in the process of building out a new section .  The growt . . .

Posted By Murray Hallam on 27th April 2012

Views : 3583 | Comments : 2

Share with Us

Twitter
YouTube

Additional Information

Murray Hallam is probably the best-known face in the world-wide Aquaponics movement. Murray is by nature an innovator and in his Research & Development facility has perfected many new methodologies for commercial farm Aquaponic systems.

more

Learn Aquaponics

At Practical Aquaponics, we have a range of information suitable for the novice to the expert. Browse our blog, register for our Aquaponics Courses, Workshops and Seminars or buy kits, books, DVDs and many other aquaponics necessities in our shop.

more

Aquaponics Kits & DIY

Proven and tested, there are hundreds of our kits in operation in every state of Australia and we have exported our kits to the USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Nassau. The wonderful thing about Aquaponics is that almost anyone can participate and get to grow some clean, healthy vegetables and fish.

more

Products

Everything you could possibly need to set up an Aquaponics farm or home system is found in our online store. Whether you are looking to do Aquaponics in Brisbane, Perth, or anywhere in between, we’ve got you covered with the best range of products Australia-wide.

more

Featured Products

Aquaponics Grow Bed 585 Litres

Aquaponics Grow Bed 585 Litres

Our 585 Litre Grow Bed Is Back! Manufactured Specifically For Aquaponics. Made In Australia From Fibreglass With Marine-grade Gel Coating And Resins. ...

from $847.00 buy online

Indy 23 System - Plans And Building Instructions

Indy 23 System - Plans And Building Instructions

Feed Four People Year-round With The Indy 23 Aquaponic System! Build Your Own, Using This Step-by-step Instruction Set. ...

from $395.00 buy online

Consultation With Murray Hallam

Consultation With Murray Hallam

If You're Working On An Aquaponics Project (or Thinking Of It), A One-hour Consultation With Murray Hallam Can Help Clear Up Some Of The Questions You ...

from $170.00 buy online

Call our team today on 07 4156 5368

For all things Aquaponics ... Practical Aquaponics is your number #1 choice for products and information. Give us a call or drop us an email about your farm project today.