1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

China Project. 12,000 sqm.

Discussion in 'Commercial Systems' started by Murray, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Just want to share with you the latest project to get underway by Arvind Venkat (my star student) and another student of mine, Mr Leon Yao.
    This project could well be the largest Aquaponics project in the world.

Under construction are 10 greenhouses each 100 metres long by 12 metres wide. That is a massive 12 thousand sqm of greenhouse space.
    The project will grow Aquaponic organic vegetables for export.

I recently went to Hong Kong to film another of Arvind's projects built for yet another student of mine, Ray Loc. That facility is 2,200 sqm of growing area and sells Organic Aquaponic produce into Hong Kong market.

All of these projects are built using Practical Aquaponics FloMedia system methodology.

Naturally, I am very proud of these accomplishments.

Just keen to share with you the amazing leaps forward that is happening in commercial Aquaponics.
    China-Leon-1.jpg China-Leon-2.jpg China-Leon-3.jpg China-Leon-4.jpg China-Leon-5.jpg

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Super Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    12,000 sqm!... Nice work... Now that they've built the pilot project are they going to build a big one???... :D

yoodles likes this.
  3. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Yes.....these guys are really kicking some goals I can tell you. All the projects have media beds, raft beds and are closed loop systems. All using FloMedia methodology. Not de-coupled or similar.
    It was really great to meet up with these guys and spend a few days with them when I was in Hong Kong recently. Very smart switched on young men. All well educated, holding various degrees and masters degrees mostly in environmental sciences......and .......all students of Practical Aquaponics.

gpk, yoodles and adz like this.
  4. Julien the Luxi

Julien the Luxi New Member

Saudi Arabia
    State:
    Jeddah
    City:
    Jeddah
    On the last picture it seems like the greenhouse is going to be underground, is that correct?

5. Alex Choi

Alex Choi New Member

South Korea
    State:
    Junnam
    City:
    Gwangyang
    That's only for insulation purpose soil wall.

and soil wall side will not get enough sunshine so they closed the edge with soil and prevent heat loss

6. CharlieX

CharlieX New Member

Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    City:
    Melbourne
    impressive works, if I had students like that I'd be proud too :)