1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

Fish not as active as before

Discussion in 'Fish' started by uqji, Mar 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM.

1. uqji

uqji New Member

Australia
    State:
    WA
    City:
    Perth
    I have 11 silver perch and 5 goldies in my IBC tank.
    A couple of weeks ago the perch are very active during feeding. A teaspoon of pellets were gone in less than a minute.
    In recent weeks my silver perches become shy and seldom show any excitement to the fish food. The food still be gone a after quite a while though.

Is this due to the cooler temperature in Perth, or should I be concerned? The chemical readings are normal.

Ji

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Super Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Hi Ji,

I've found that Silvers don't really stop feeding until the temp reaches 13C or lower... I don't know of anyone in Perth that has water even close to that temp yet... What is yours?

You say your readings are normal... What are they?... What are the pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels?

Cheers!

3. uqji

uqji New Member

Australia
    State:
    WA
    City:
    Perth
    PH=7.6
    Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate = 0

Tested yesterday. My plants are doing really well so I am not too worried about the bacteria.