1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone grown Ginger in AP System???

Discussion in 'Plants' started by ColinW, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Ringer

Ringer Active Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Jimboomba
    Yep , used your link to watch it.

2. Danscraft

Danscraft VIP Supporter

Australia
    State:
    South East Victoria
    City:
    Frankston
    If you have the spare space for 9 months for the Ginger.
    Anything grows well in Aquaponics. Subterranean is often considered non viable in AP because you grow in gravel. Any subterranean growth will be deformed because of the medium but clay balls are forgiving etc. Although they aren't very solid foundation for tall growth.
    I got a bonus lately through my 20mm gravel beds when my Red Foot Spring onions have been falling out when I'm just doing stuff but the bonus is a bulb at the bottom. Wow, perfect nice red onions bulbs I never new were even there until they pulled out so easily.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017