1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

Hello from Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Raeto Z, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Raeto Z

Raeto Z New Member

Sri Lanka
    State:
    Western Province
    City:
    Colombo
    Hi All

Im new to this forum and am from Switzerland residing in Sri Lanka where we try to establish a Tropical Permaculture learning Farm at see level. Apart from Aquaponics (double Indy 23) as an integral part we are also in the process to establish a Black soldier Fly Farm (BSF) where we envision to process about 10 tons of wet food waste per month. The Worm Farm shall take care of the BSF "waste" and provide us with Vermicast and Vermitea which shall be used as natural soil enhancer respectively pesticide. Our 80 Chickens already provide approx. 1000 eggs per month and lots of "chicken poop" enriched wood shavings for the soil based garden. The learning is intense but rewarding. Its a Journey with no end in sight.

Namaste
    Raeto

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Hi Raeto, welcome to the forum.

That all sounds very interesting. Maybe start a thread in the "Permaculture" or "Other Gardening Systems" sections and post a few pics for us.

Cheers,

Hayden.

3. Raeto Z

Raeto Z New Member

Sri Lanka
    State:
    Western Province
    City:
    Colombo
    Hi Hayden

I still try to figure out how to use and possibly contribute to this Forum. A new tread in "Permaculture" may be an option. Permaculture as such has a wide range of subjects and I'm here because of the Aquaponics aspect. I suppose to upload pictures on the project and progress would be a nice thing to do as it may be helpfull to learn and share. After all collaboration is the only way forward for humanity.

Cheers
    Raeto