1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Helloooooo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by baseman1703, Jun 4, 2017.

1. baseman1703

baseman1703 New Member

Australia
    State:
    Western Australia
    City:
    Karratha
    Hi baseman1703(Darrell Wilkinson) I don't mind either. I live in Karratha Western Australia and have over the last month1/2 set up my system.
    But rude of me for not introducing myself when I joined. Sorry.
    My system is an IBC setup and seems to be moving along nicely. I have mangrove jack in the FT about six all sourced from a local freshwater creek we have up here. As were now in our bearable winter that averages a minimum around 30c and rarely least than 16c overnight great place of the world. 1030am sitting in shorts and tee shirt won't be long till it's turn to hot again.

As I said my system seems to be moving along fine but concerned with high nitrates 80ppm everything else is good. Getting yellowing of some leaves on my chilli and wrinkling of some leaves on my capsicum. Just added some trace elements?? Any help welcome. Oh also added some worms a couple of days ago [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TonyGrunk

TonyGrunk New Member

estonia
    State:
    bosnia
    City:
    darwin
    welcome aboard - interested too see how the worms go

3. baseman1703

baseman1703 New Member

Australia
    State:
    Western Australia
    City:
    Karratha
    The worms seem great so far had to move house over the weekend and have a shit of a time getting the siphon to work again. Added some more plants yesterday and found the worms each time I put a new plant or seed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. baseman1703

baseman1703 New Member

Australia
    State:
    Western Australia
    City:
    Karratha
    It's nearly a month since I first posted and thing are moving along great. Still struggling with Ph again. We moved house and the system survived although my ph has gone stupid again in the 8's.

The jacks are doing well, just feeding them mullie's now and the occasional prawn.

Plants are on the whole going great lettuce is slow but everything else great. So I have lettuce,silverbeet, capsicum, chilli, beetroot, cherry tomatos and Roma, parsley, snow peas and standard just waiting for the normal peas to come up, strawberry and basil sorry forgot the garlic and broccoli
    I've had a problem with caterpillars and ants but have now got a resident preying mantis. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Looking Good Darrell!

...:thumbsup2: