1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Nathan41

Nathan41 Member

Australia
    State:
    Nsw
    City:
    Sanctuary point
    Hi murry, this is my setup , my pumps are 40 watts each at around 2800lph, i use gravity feed to feed 2x1000 ibc's with 120x 7cm silver perch, my gb's are ibc's and beds are 300mm to your specs and sumps 600ltrs, the pressure of water flow from sumps is up and down and slow into fish tanks most of the time, my worry was that there would not be enough oxygen in water with this system.. IMG_0554.PNG

2. Nathan41

Nathan41 Member

Australia
    State:
    Nsw
    City:
    Sanctuary point
    Those 3 small drums in between fish tanks are filters, solids,bio and sump, I added solids filter because i will be adding a dwc to system after fish tanks
    Thankyou

3. Nathan41

Nathan41 Member

Australia
    State:
    Nsw
    City:
    Sanctuary point
    8E8D2F7B-51CC-4EED-B926-D8CF9E8F690D.jpg Final future system

Attached Files:

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Super Moderator

Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    City:
    Adelaide
    Hi Nathan,

Before we can answer your oxygen question, we need more information. A few questions;

On your first system;
    • How many litres of grow bed in total do you propose to have AND how many litres in total of fish tank do you propose to have?
    • Could you please show us how the sump and filter setup will be joined into the system?
    • Why do you have sumps in between your grow beds and fish tanks?
    On your second system;
    • What's the pipe work in between the two grow beds?
    • What's the rectangle which looks like 2 squares joined together top right of page?
    • The sump between the two grow beds question remains.
    • What's the sump after the DWC's?
    • Is the picture showing only 1/2 your setup?
    Cheers.