1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

Soliciting Greenhouse Feedback!

Discussion in 'Greenhouse - Shade house.' started by Eric Moran, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Eric Moran

Eric Moran New Member

USA
    State:
    California
    City:
    Anaheim
    Hi all, I'm sketching up a 12 x 10 greenhouse for my new home in Indianapolis (where summers get to mid-90s Fahrenheit, and low 20s in the Winter) and could use some constructive criticism.

For the AP side, I'm using rain gutters on the North wall for a DWC setup (parsley, lettuce, basil, mint, spinach) and vertical PVC towers with hydroton for cherry tomatoes, strawberries, and various herbs. In front lining the south wall will be wicking beds for carrots, onions, potatoes, and other root veggies.

The fish tank will be underground (on the east side of the greenhouse), and toward the front will be a 6-foot deep cold sink with a walk way so that I can use some natural methods in keeping the house warm (in addition to likely having a FT heater).

The only problem I'm seeing is the likelihood that I'll have to have 2 very strong pumps in order to get the water up 10 feet for the wall gutters, as well as the vertical towers. These would also be running fairly continuously, so that would hint at a power consumption issue. It's a small space though so I'd like to utilize vertical growing to the best of my abilities.

Feedback please!

Attached Files: