1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..

tomatoes can you help?

Discussion in 'Established Aquaponics systems' started by Mike West, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Mike West

Mike West New Member

Philippines
    State:
    Tarlac
    City:
    Tarlac City
    Hi Guys,
    Need your help again some of my toms the flowers are misshapen and dont look right there large and dont have the usual flower parts any ideas, there not producing the normal yellow flowers I am thinking a virus and would love any suggestions on how to sterilize the medium so the next crop will grow properly in the dutch buckets. All my other crops are well the beans,okra and grapes onle a few of the tom plants shoula i remove them?
    Thanks for any response
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Super Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    Doubt very much it's a virus Mike. Do you know what the Nitrate level is in the system?

3. Mike West

Mike West New Member

Philippines
    State:
    Tarlac
    City:
    Tarlac City
    HI Yabbies,
    Sorry for the delayed response the values are
    PH 7.5
    Amm o.1
    NO2 0
    No3 about 100
    I was thinking about your reply and hav been using a product called bionim which has kelp and other fertilizer in it it doesnt quote the npk values but maybe i over fed them the stems are like tree trunks.thanks for the reply . Keep up the good work You guys are so helpful as i look thro the site. Many thanks.