1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatoes

Discussion in 'What plant is that ?' started by goatladynetty, Jan 20, 2015.

1. goatladynetty

goatladynetty New Member

Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    City:
    Goorambat
    My cherry tomatoes this year are producing fruit with a white hard core, I grew these plants from the same seed batch and I have varied results across a few bushes.
    I think it is related to minerals as I have planted one of the seedlings in a wicking bed and it is a completely different fruit...red without a yellow shoulder and no core.
    My water tested Ammonia 0, pH 7.8, nitrites 0 , nitrates 40.
    The nitrates have come up I think because we disconnected a gb and a few beds are under planted.
    My pH has always been high and the system is 4 years old.

Any advise appreciated.
    I have found another post referring to tomatoes and calcium so I think I have my answer. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Let's know how you go with that GoatLady. Tomatoes are big demanders of nutrient, so be very interested in your outcome.