1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice
  1. HI Forum,

I am new in AP and I am interested to enter into commercial Aquaponics in the future (next year)
    I can utilized my land and start but my question is what sort of a preparation I need to do aside from investing in infrastructure? Can somebody in the same position can give me a step by step advise so I can be guided accordingly?

Thanks a lot

2. Yabbies4me

Yabbies4me Administrator Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    W.A.
    City:
    Perth
    There are a LOT of factors that need to be taken into consideration when contemplating going commercial. In my opinion your best course of action would be to do Murray's online Aquaponics Design Course.

I would also suggest building yourself a decent sized system at home, one that incorporates all the main components of a large scale aquaponic system, such as a Fish Tank, Sump Tank, Solids Lifting Overflow, Swirl Filter, Gravel Grow Beds and a Floating Raft (Deep Water Culture) bed.. and operating it for at least 12 months before turning a sod on your commercial operation... Get to know what you're doing before outlaying a lot of money.

3. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Yes, best place to start is by doing the course. It will give you a firm foundation to move on from.