1. The Practical Aquaponics discussion forum has been in operation for the last 5 years...

We have enjoyed giving this service free of charge however ongoing increasing financial costs of running this service is making it increasingly difficult. Up until now we have resisted advertising as a means of a revenue stream to help run this forum but it has become inevitable that extra revenue is required to run this forum.

We have introduced a donate button to help offset the cost of running this forum. It is completely voluntary, but if you would like to donate, all donations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Murray..
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy auto siphon casing parts in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Downloads - Magazine - Kit Assembly Instructions -' started by Edathor, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Edathor

Edathor New Member

Australia
    State:
    VIC
    City:
    elsternwick
    I bought the bathtub aquaponics plans. But cannot find a store that sells the sleeve for the auto siphon. I tried Reece, bunnings and masters. I'm located in Melbourne, VIC.

2. Murray

Murray Site Admin Staff Member

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
  3. Edathor

Edathor New Member

Australia
    State:
    VIC
    City:
    elsternwick
    Thanks Murray. It seems I have a different version of the plans because it listed a 100 mm cap, 235 mm of 100 mm PVC, and a sleeve to suit 100 mm PVC. What length of 100mm is required if I build it without the sleeve?

4. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    What do you mean by the "sleeve" There is the outer that keeps the media away from the bell assembly. That is made from 100mm DWV pipe that is best with a screw on cap fitted. The 235mm length of pipe becomes 300mm long when fitted with the screw on access cap and cap assembly.

5. Edathor

Edathor New Member

Australia
    State:
    VIC
    City:
    elsternwick
  6. Murray

Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    City:
    Brisbane
    Yes, you need to cut the 100mm pipe to the length specified then go buy a cap and sleeve to glue onto the piece of pipe. And as you can see by the photo it is better to cut slots into the piece of pipe to allow water to pass from the grow bed to the siphon assembly. Does that answer your question?