Bio Pod Plus
The BioPod Plus is a great way to turn kitchen or garden scraps into food for your fish or chooks - Black Soldier Fly (BSF) larvae.
Black Soldier Flies occur naturally in most places in Australia (although cold weather will slow them down). Just load the BioPod Plus with rotting food scraps and the Flies will usually come on their own. Their eggs hatch in the rotting scraps; when the larvae are big enough, they crawl up the built-in ramps and drop into the harvest container, clean, dry and ready for your to feed to your fish or chooks.
The presence of Black Soldier Flies usually repels other types of flies from the area; an added benefit of the BioPod Plus.
When running well, the BioPod Plus should not have any unpleasant smell.
BioPod PLUS - Some Key Features
With a BioPod PLUS™ the conversion of household or commercial food waste into a valuable animal or fish food source becomes a simple process. Simply load and harvest (with some help from the Black Soldier Fly - BSF).
Black Soldier Fly larvae production is a wonderful way to feed your fish (and chooks). By processing all of your veggie scraps through your BioPod, you will be making your own high-protein organic fish food at home.
Go to the BIO POD PLUS WEBSITE to read more about the BIO POD PLUS
See my video clip about the BioPod
For the BioPod PLUS unit:
- Improved usability, manageability, and mobility as compared to a traditional worm farm
- Ability to capture larvae before they crawl/fly away
- Divert and digest all food scraps from smelly garbage bin, kitchen insinkerator and open-air garden composter
- Re-capture valuable lipids and proteins found in kitchen waste and transform them into usable live food for domestic animals
- Family-friendly system provides children with an education in sustainability and organic gardening
- Helps reduce carbon footprint associated with food scraps, as they decay into methane in landfills
- Actively-feeding BSF lavae secrete a natural fly repellant called a synomone (an interspecies, chemical communication) that alerts and warns other kinds of flies to stay away from the food, since BSF are already present, so they (BSF) actively exclude other insects from the BioPod
- BSF are self-separating, auto-harvesting, robust, prolific, hardy, indigenous, harmless, easy-to-store, simple to transport, dry to the touch in pupal stage, and extremely nutritious for your fish or poultry!
- The BioPod PLUS can process up to 1 tonne of waste food per year
- The BioPod PLUS is water-proof and can sit in the open (shaded area recommended)
- The BioPod's elegant design fits into most urban environments. It is clean and attractive.
- The BioPod PLUS can be disassembled for shipping
- 670mm L x 395mm W x 45mm H
- Circular top opening - 230 mm diameter
- Plastic Base Plate - 420 mm L x 260 mm W x 3 mm thick
We can arrange shipping to most Australian locations via Australia Post.