Practical Aquaponics and Integrated Aquaculture Technology
Murray Hallam is probably the best-known face in the world-wide Aquaponics movement. Murray is by nature an innovator and in his Research & Development facility has perfected many new methodologies for commercial farm Aquaponic systems.
At Practical Aquaponics, we have a range of information suitable for the novice to the expert. Browse our blog, register for our Aquaponics Courses, Workshops and Seminars or buy kits, books, DVDs and many other aquaponics necessities in our shop.
Proven and tested, there are hundreds of our kits in operation in every state of Australia and we have exported our kits to the USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Nassau. The wonderful thing about Aquaponics is that almost anyone can participate and get to grow some clean, healthy vegetables and fish.
Everything you could possibly need to set up an Aquaponics farm or home system is found in our online store. Whether you are looking to do Aquaponics in Brisbane, Perth, or anywhere in between, we’ve got you covered with the best range of products Australia-wide.
Our Aquaponics Photo Gallery is constantly growing to include images from Murray's Global Aquaponic Trips, Commercial and Home Systems, Greenhouse Tours, Master Classes and of course the all-important produce in the Practical Aquaponics section.
Our Blog contains a wealth of information spanning a wide range of Aquaponic topics, from general news to some of the well-kept secrets to success. This is a must view area for everyone interested in Aquaponics from the budding beginner to the seasoned aquaponics farmer.
Selected Size/Selection: One Size
All the timber, plywood, foam and liner; every piece of pipe and all the fittings; pumps and autosiphons; even screws, thread tape and glue!
If you are following the Indy 23 Plan Set, this Flat Pack will save you time and effort running around getting all the materials listed in the Plans. Here it all is, in one convenient Pack, which we can ship all over the world. Recent exotic locations include Malawi, New Caledonia and PNG.
The listed price is for the materials only. Please contact us for a quote on shipping and fumigation (if necessary).
Here is a portion of the INDY plan set that you may find useful.Site PreparationCongratulations on purchasing the Indy Fish Garden 23 plan set. The Indy 23 will provide you with an abundant source of fresh food for many years. However, before you get started there are a few things to think about when you start out on a project like this.1. You will need approximately 16m x Sm (52'6" x 16'6") of space to install the Indy Fish Garden 23. This will allow room for access to all parts of your system, to be able to walk around and work around the system easily.
2. If you live in the southern hemisphere having your Indy Fish Garden 23 north facing is best. If you live in the northern hemisphere then having your Indy Fish Garden 23 facing south is the way to go. If you can't face it that way then it's not the end of the world.
3. We are dealing with a lot of water in the Indy Fish Garden 23 so it is imperative that your site be level. Your sumps, grow beds and fish tanks are open and if your site is not level then you will have water pouring out onto the ground.
4. The Indy Fish Garden 23 requires electricity to run the pump, aerator, failover switch and battery charger. You will need to have it close to an electrical power source, if not you will need to have the power run to the building site from your source of mains power. Please use a licensed electrician if you need to run mains power. The power supply needs to be at the fish tank end of your site.
5. Water is also needed to be easily accessible to fill up and maintain optimum water levels in your Indy Fish Garden 23 whether it is from a dam, tank, well, or town water supply. If you need help from a plumber to get water to your system then please make sure he is licensed.
6. The plans that you have with you are a replication of the system we have at Practical Aquaponics and the dimensions that we have given are what we used to build our system. You do not need to place everything exactly as we have done as we have allowed extra space to have large groups of people through our greenhouse. So when you install your system understand that these plans are a guide for you, but if you follow them exactly you will have an excellent result.READ more about the INDY 23 system HERE
We regret the need to increase prices. The cost of materials in Australia, especially timber, has gone up significantly in the last year or two.
Be the first to review this product!
star starstar starstarstar starstarstarstar starstarstarstarstar
Have a question about the INDY 23 System - Flat Pack (Construction Materials)?
Our 585 Litre Grow Bed Is Back! Manufactured Specifically For Aquaponics. Made In Australia From Fibreglass With Marine-grade Gel Coating And Resins. ...
from $847.00 buy online
The Indy 23 Aquaponic System Can Provide A Family Of Four With All The Vegetables Needed, Year-round, With Proper Management. This Plan Set Covers Eve ...
from $395.00 buy online
Join Us For An Insightful One-hour Tour Of Our Aquaponics Facility. Get An Overview Of How Aquaponics Works. See Different Types And Sizes Of Systems. ...
from $20.00 buy online
For all things Aquaponics ... Practical Aquaponics is your number #1 choice for products and information. Give us a call or drop us an email about your farm project today.