2mm and 6mm fish food are now in stock as at 1 Jan 2023 December View Fish Food
Practical Aquaponics and Integrated Aquaculture Technology
Murray Hallam is probably the best-known face in the world-wide Aquaponics movement. Murray is by nature an innovator and in his Research & Development facility has perfected many new methodologies for commercial farm Aquaponic systems.
At Practical Aquaponics, we have a range of information suitable for the novice to the expert. Browse our blog, register for our Aquaponics Courses, Workshops and Seminars or buy kits, books, DVDs and many other aquaponics necessities in our shop.
Proven and tested, there are hundreds of our kits in operation in every state of Australia and we have exported our kits to the USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Nassau. The wonderful thing about Aquaponics is that almost anyone can participate and get to grow some clean, healthy vegetables and fish.
Everything you could possibly need to set up an Aquaponics farm or home system is found in our online store. Whether you are looking to do Aquaponics in Brisbane, Perth, or anywhere in between, we’ve got you covered with the best range of products Australia-wide.
Our Aquaponics Photo Gallery is constantly growing to include images from Murray's Global Aquaponic Trips, Commercial and Home Systems, Greenhouse Tours, Master Classes and of course the all-important produce in the Practical Aquaponics section.
Our Blog contains a wealth of information spanning a wide range of Aquaponic topics, from general news to some of the well-kept secrets to success. This is a must view area for everyone interested in Aquaponics from the budding beginner to the seasoned aquaponics farmer.
Selected Size/Selection: One Size
The Indy 23 Aquaponics System is our flagship home aquaponics system. Hundreds of these systems have been built around the world.
If you are looking to be more self-sustainable in your food supply - with clean, pure, organic crops - the Indy 23 Aquaponics System is for you! When properly managed, this system can provide all the food needed for four average adults.
The Indy 23 Flat Pack contains ALL the construction materials needed to build the system - timber, plywood, liner, foam, pipe, fittings, even screws, nails, glue and thread tape! The timber, ply, foam and liner is even cut to size for you!
The Flat Pack even includes the pumps for air and water, and a water test kit to help you cycle the system once it's built!
Save yourself the time and effort of getting all the materials and doing all that measuring and cutting! We've done it for you!
And it can all be delivered to you in one convenient Pack, almost anywhere in the world!
What YOU need to provide to build the system:
For more information about the Indy 23 system, see our page Indy 23 System.
NOTE - these Flat Packs are made to order. It can take several weeks between the order being made and the Pack being ready to ship.
If going overseas, the Flat Pack will need to be fumigated, which will incur an additional charge.
The listed price is for the MATERIALS ONLY. Please contact us for a quote on shipping and fumigation (if necessary).
Here is a portion of the INDY 23 plan set that you may find useful.Site PreparationCongratulations on purchasing the Indy Fish Garden 23 plan set. The Indy 23 will provide you with an abundant source of fresh food for many years. However, before you get started there are a few things to think about when you start out on a project like this.1. You will need approximately 16m x Sm (52'6" x 16'6") of space to install the Indy Fish Garden 23. This will allow room for access to all parts of your system, to be able to walk around and work around the system easily.
2. If you live in the southern hemisphere having your Indy Fish Garden 23 north facing is best. If you live in the northern hemisphere then having your Indy Fish Garden 23 facing south is the way to go. If you can't face it that way then it's not the end of the world.
3. We are dealing with a lot of water in the Indy Fish Garden 23 so it is imperative that your site be level. Your sumps, grow beds and fish tanks are open and if your site is not level then you will have water pouring out onto the ground.
4. The Indy Fish Garden 23 requires electricity to run the pump, aerator, failover switch and battery charger. You will need to have it close to an electrical power source, if not you will need to have the power run to the building site from your source of mains power. Please use a licensed electrician if you need to run mains power. The power supply needs to be at the fish tank end of your site.
5. Water is also needed to be easily accessible to fill up and maintain optimum water levels in your Indy Fish Garden 23 whether it is from a dam, tank, well, or town water supply. If you need help from a plumber to get water to your system then please make sure he is licensed.
6. The plans that you have with you are a replication of the system we have at Practical Aquaponics and the dimensions that we have given are what we used to build our system. You do not need to place everything exactly as we have done as we have allowed extra space to have large groups of people through our greenhouse. So when you install your system understand that these plans are a guide for you, but if you follow them exactly you will have an excellent result.READ more about the INDY 23 system HERE
Be the first to review this product!
star starstar starstarstar starstarstarstar starstarstarstarstar
Have a question about the INDY 23 System - Flat Pack (Construction Materials)?
Our 585 Litre Grow Bed Is Back! Manufactured Specifically For Aquaponics. Made In Australia From Fibreglass With Marine-grade Gel Coating And Resins. ...
from $847.00 buy online
Feed Four People Year-round With The Indy 23 Aquaponic System! Build Your Own, Using This Step-by-step Instruction Set. ...
from $395.00 buy online
If You're Working On An Aquaponics Project (or Thinking Of It), A One-hour Consultation With Murray Hallam Can Help Clear Up Some Of The Questions You ...
from $170.00 buy online
For all things Aquaponics ... Practical Aquaponics is your number #1 choice for products and information. Give us a call or drop us an email about your farm project today.