Practical Aquaponics and Integrated Aquaculture Technology
Murray Hallam is probably the best-known face in the world-wide Aquaponics movement. Murray is by nature an innovator and in his Research & Development facility has perfected many new methodologies for commercial farm Aquaponic systems.
At Practical Aquaponics, we have a range of information suitable for the novice to the expert. Browse our blog, register for our Aquaponics Courses, Workshops and Seminars or buy kits, books, DVDs and many other aquaponics necessities in our shop.
Proven and tested, there are hundreds of our kits in operation in every state of Australia and we have exported our kits to the USA, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Nassau. The wonderful thing about Aquaponics is that almost anyone can participate and get to grow some clean, healthy vegetables and fish.
Everything you could possibly need to set up an Aquaponics farm or home system is found in our online store. Whether you are looking to do Aquaponics in Brisbane, Perth, or anywhere in between, we’ve got you covered with the best range of products Australia-wide.
Our Aquaponics Photo Gallery is constantly growing to include images from Murray's Global Aquaponic Trips, Commercial and Home Systems, Greenhouse Tours, Master Classes and of course the all-important produce in the Practical Aquaponics section.
Our Blog contains a wealth of information spanning a wide range of Aquaponic topics, from general news to some of the well-kept secrets to success. This is a must view area for everyone interested in Aquaponics from the budding beginner to the seasoned aquaponics farmer.
Selected Size/Selection: One Size
The Indy 23 Aquaponic System is designed to be a powerhouse of home food production.
Grow just about any type of plants - the inclusion of media beds, raft bed, and wicking bed lets you grow a huge range of crop types.
The two fish tanks make it easy to grow two different types of fish at the same time, or to have two lots of fish at different stages of growth.
This design is the result of nearly a decade of continuing research, trials and actual food production. As our name “Practical Aquaponics” implies, we have actually built and successfully run productive Indy 23 systems for years.
Hundreds of people around the world have successfully built this system using the Plan Set.
Building it is fairly straightforward. Anyone familiar with basic tools and techniques - or willing to have a go! - will be able to build this system. And the construction uses mostly commonly-available materials, so you don't need a specialist supplier.
The Indy 23 Plan Set gives you step-by-step instructions.
As well as the written instructions, the Plan Set includes over 14 full-colour A3 sheets devoted solely to diagrams of the system.
The large (A3), spiral-bound pages make it easy to open the book flat on a work surface so you can check where you're up to as you build.
Each Plan Set has its own unique registration number, and is personally signed by Murray Hallam.
If you're ready to commit to feeding yourself and your family, from your own back yard, the Indy 23 Plan Set is for you!
Here is a portion of the Indy 23 plan set that you may find useful.Site Preparation Congratulations on purchasing the Indy Fish Garden 23 plan set. The Indy 23 will provide you with an abundant source of fresh food for many years. However, before you get started there are a few things to think about when you start out on a project like this. 1. You will need approximately 16m x 5m (52'6" x 16'6") of space to install the Indy Fish Garden 23. This will allow room for access to all parts of your system, to be able to walk around and work around the system easily.
2. If you live in the southern hemisphere having your Indy Fish Garden 23 north facing is best. If you live in the northern hemisphere then having your Indy Fish Garden 23 facing south is the way to go. If you can't face it that way then it's not the end of the world.
3. We are dealing with a lot of water in the Indy Fish Garden 23 so it is imperative that your site be level. Your sumps, grow beds and fish tanks are open and if your site is not level then you will have water pouring out onto the ground.
4. The Indy Fish Garden 23 requires electricity to run the pump, aerator, failover switch and battery charger. You will need to have it close to an electrical power source, if not you will need to have the power run to the building site from your source of mains power. Please use a licensed electrician if you need to run mains power. The power supply needs to be at the fish tank end of your site.
5. Water is also needed to be easily accessible to fill up and maintain optimum water levels in your Indy Fish Garden 23 whether it is from a dam, tank, well, or town water supply. If you need help from a plumber to get water to your system then please make sure he is licensed.
6. The plans that you have with you are a replication of the system we have at Practical Aquaponics and the dimensions that we have given are what we used to build our system. You do not need to place everything exactly as we have done as we have allowed extra space to have large groups of people through our greenhouse. So when you install your system understand that these plans are a guide for you, but if you follow them exactly you will have an excellent result.
If you want to spare yourself the running around to get all the materials, our INDY 23 FLAT PACK contains all the construction materials needed to build the Indy 23 system (excluding the tanks and barrels), right down to screws, glue and thread tape! And we can send it just about anywhere in the world.READ more about the INDY 23 system HERE
Best money ever spent, excellent plan set.
“ The plans are really excellent. Every detail is there. I am especially pleased with the component list. One trip to the hardware and plumbing supply shop rather than dozens of trips if I did not have the plans.
I have not finished yet but am 90% done.
Thanks Murray. Well done again. ”
Review by John W on Wednesday 6th July 2022
star starstar starstarstar starstarstarstar starstarstarstarstar
Have a question about the Murray Hallam INDY 23 System - Plans and Building Instructions?
Our 585 Litre Grow Bed Is Back! Manufactured Specifically For Aquaponics. Made In Australia From Fibreglass With Marine-grade Gel Coating And Resins. ...
from $847.00 buy online
Feed Four People Year-round With The Indy 23 Aquaponic System! Build Your Own, Using This Step-by-step Instruction Set. ...
from $395.00 buy online
A One-hour Tour Of The Greenhouses With World-renowned Aquaponics Expert Murray Hallam. Come And See Aquaponics In Action! See Different Types And Si ...
from $20.00 buy online
For all things Aquaponics ... Practical Aquaponics is your number #1 choice for products and information. Give us a call or drop us an email about your farm project today.